Potato cheese pancakes with bacons

 

I have a major inkling for savoury treats such as savoury snacks, savoury breakfast, savoury afternoon treats with tea, savoury desserts... JUST KIDDING! Anything is fine as savoury so long as its not the dessert or baverages (I am still normal to some extent you know) ;)

Anyway, I have tried savoury crepes in the past and I must admit, I love it both savoury just as well as I like it sweet. But I have never tried a savoury pancake. And so, I decided to make one for breakfast. Now, I didn't want to make a savoury version of the normal pancake recipe, so here is where I decided to make my own variation: savoury potato pancakes... But it turns out, this is one of the national food of Switzerland called Roesti (or at least a version of this).

Now the recipe that I came up with is simple, easy and vegan friendly. I like to eat mine with bacon, and so here's one for all you meat lovers. And if you want to add eggs to your batter, that is also fine.

So, here it goes:

Ingredients:

2 large potatos
1/2 of a large red onion
2 tablespoon plain flour
1 tablespoon thyme or any other prefered herbs
Oil for frying
1 large clove of garlic
1 cup cheddar cheese
Pinch of salt to taste

Cooking instructions:


1. Wash and peel the potatoes and grate then in a bowl. You can also either squeeze out extra starch and water from the potato or leave it be.


 2. Next, grate some cheddar cheese and onions into the potato mixture.

3. Sprinkle the flour, thyme, and salt, and give the batter a good mix.

 

4. The mixture is ready for frying. 
 
 

 5. Heat olive oil in a pan. Then using a spoon, add a spoonful of batter on the pan and spread it to flat cakes.
 
 

6. Fry for 3-4 minutes in medium heat and then flip the cakes and fry for 3 more minutes. 

7. Meanwhile, grill or fry some bacons in another pan. Then stack them together, garnish with bacon strips and cherry tomatoes and ingulge!!!
 
 

Comments