DIY: Christmas Jumper


CHRISTMAS JUMPER



So, Christmas is right here and along with the beaconing of weight gain and food overdose, christmas jumpers are an absolute MUST. To be honest, I have never own a christmas jumper myself… The last time I remember wearing anything remotely close to the theme was my red overcoat… Well, now I do… Actually, it is still not the conventional red or green or blue jumper with gaudy cartoons but it conveys the message well.


I went for a more versatile design than the usual xmas specials, a stag silhouette, since this means that I can very much as well wear it on any given day without the worry of scrutiny ;) I love stag head designs, in fashion and otherwise, as a matter of fact I intend to do a LOT more DIYs based only around this very theme such as jewellery, clothing, wall hangs and art, etc. So consider this as the very first of its kind :)

Now I am not as good a knitter as my bodacious mom, as a matter of fact the last time I knit was in my 3rd grade craft class… Yup, ancient history…. But I sure can do my own DIY on a store bought jumper, am I right?!


Here's what I used:

1. Plain cream jumper
2. Gold fabric paint
3. Painting sponge
4. Stag head template
5. Iron
6. Black fabric pen

Step 1: I cut out the template out of a paper but it was a bit too small for my jumper.


So, I just used the silhouette and drew a draft pic over my jumper.


Here's a printable for your use… merry xmas ;)


Step 2: Then little by little I started dabbing my paint over the jumper. For my jumper I used the golden fabric paint



Step 3: Once done, I let it dry and then outlined the picture with a black fabric pen. This is so because the picture had a bit of a rough outline due to the woollen nature of the material. You don't necessarily have to do this step if your outline is neat and smooth.


Step 4: Lastly, iron over it to seal it in. And this is what it turned out like…




Absolutely gorgeous!!! Now, I can proudly wear my very own xmas jumpers this year and the whole of winter to come… After all, Owl is not the only favourite animal for all…

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


Comments