Ham in Cream Sauce with Rice Noodles


Here is my own recipe for a fabulous rice noodles in creamy ham sauce. I will be honest, when I started I didn't know where this was going and how it would end but I must admit, I am extremely happy with the result :) Not only is it easy but also quite quick. Here's what you'd need...

Ingredients:

2 bundles (not sure if that's the term) of flat rice noodles
1 red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 cup Mixed stir fry vegetables (broccoli, carrot and cabbage shreds)
1/2 cup double cream
1 tablespoon white wine
50g ham, chopped
1/2 cup Cheddar, chopped
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper

Directions:


Step 1: First of all, boil the rice noodles for 10 minutes till tender in hot boiling water with a pinch of salt. Drain and set aside.


Step 2:  In a frying pan add a dash of olive oil and heat. Once the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and chopped red onion and fry.

Step 3: When the garlic and onions turn golden brown, add the vegetable shreds and fry for 3-4 minutes.

Step 4: Now to make the sauce, once the vegetables are slightly tender, add salt, double cream, white wine and cook for 3-4 minutes more.


Step 5: Now add the ham and cook for 2 minutes before adding the noodles into the sauce. Simmer for 3-4 more minutes, them pour it out in the plate. Top it with cheese and black pepper. 

Serve hot! 

This is seriously one of the best sauces I have ever tried, and I have tried a lot, trust me ;) Just as a note, cheddar tends to give a little tangy taste and you can always replace it with mozarella or stilton.




RELISH!

Comments