Homemade Hummus


I love hummus. It's so creamy and delicious, also quite laden with protein and raw goodness (for the most part of it) And what's best? The recipe is super simple! All you need is a blender to do the job for you! I've gone through a few recipes on BBC food and I really like the easy hummus recipe there.

I wanted to try it out obviously, but like my mom always does, I improvised it a little to my own liking...

Ingredients:

1. 240g Chickpeas
2. Half a cup of roasted cashew nuts
3. Half a cup of olives
4. Cup of coriander
5. 1 teaspoon of garlic
6. 4 cherry tomatoes
7. 2 teaspoons of olive oil
8. 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
9. Pinch of black pepper
10. Pinch of paprika (optional)


Now for the HARDEST bit!


Procedure:

Throw the chickpeas, nuts, olives, coriander, garlic, tomatoes and a bit of olive oil into the blender and blend till smooth. 


Pour it out in a bowl and mix it with cumin powder and olive oil. You can also sprinkle some black pepper and paprika on it.

And that is practically IT!

Now, dunk your finger into the bowl and relish!!!


Or eat it with pita bread or garlic bread… Yum yum!!!


Comments