Pear Cake


I love fruits and I love cakes. Well, so I guess it is safe to say I love fruit cakes too, which is not a compulsory thing, many people like the two but individually. 

For my last christmas, I had spent with my bouyfriend's family, it was quite a big gathering and I had a grande time. Only one of the very few times I actually celebrated christmas in a traditional way, with a lot of people. 

As my contribution for the massive meal I made a pear cake. It didn't even last till Christmas day itself and was over in one tea sitting itself (which is good since I had underestimated the "power of christmas" and the number of people coming :p) but it only made me glad that it was quite popular :) Anyway, here is my recipe:

Ingredients
  • 3 medium ripe pears
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1.5 cups sifted self-rasing flour
  • Half teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup olive oil 

Directions

1. Peel the pears, core them and slice them.
Preheat oven to 165 degrees C. Prepare the cake tin with oil and flour too.





2. Combine the pears and the ground cinnamon and let stand. You can combine sugar at this point too if you'd like. 


3. Slightly beat the eggs and combine them with the oil and milk.


4. Stir the flour and sugar in. Then finally stir in the pear mixture. 


5. Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan.


6. Bake at 180 degrees C for 35-40 minutes till a skewer comes out clean from the centre of the cake. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing form pan.


Enjoy warm with ice cream or cool it to relish the fruity goodness with tea the english way ;)

Loads of love,

JB’s KitchEn


Comments