DIY: Embellished "cold shoulder" cropped top


Ooooh! I had been wanting to do this for a long time now. This is inspired from a runway show (which I, for the life of me, cannot find the link to). It had a model wearing a white tee shirt with one side of the sleeve covered in diamanté brooches. Here's a similar Christopher Kane embellished jumper worn by Drew Barrymore at the Jan Welters photo-shoot for Marie Claire... 


This is what I call, giving a cold shoulder with S.T.Y.L.E!

Well, if I like it, I want it… And so, here I go making one for myself :D 

For this, I used:


  • Grey cropped tee-shirt from Primark for a quid
  • 12 diamante brooches from ebay
  • A pair of scissors


  • Weapons of choice
    This is such an easy DIY with absolutely stunning outcome, everyone who loves a bit of bling MUST try it out. First of all select a perfect little top. You can use a normal plain full sleeved top as well or make your own cropped top from an already existing top of any colour you prefer… I got this one for £1 so I just went for it :)


    Perfect fit :)

    Now, let's get making… All you need to do is just follow the three steps.

    1. Snip

    Cut out a hole on your sleeve. If you aren't sure of the size, start with a smaller semicircle on one of your sleeves and try it on to see if that's the size you want, enlarging it as per requirement and satisfaction.


    "Snip! Snip! Snip!"
    2. Embellish

    For this I especially bought these 12 gorgeous brooches from ebay for about £7. 


    "So prettyyyyyy…...!"
    They are sooooo cool, I advice even if you don't want to do this particular DIY buy a pack of brooches anyway for other DIYs.


    "Bling fling"
    Pin the brooches around the cut out hole on the sleeve. My brooches were small so I had to use all 12 of them and still it kind of fell short since the tee-shirt material stretched out a little. If you have larger brooches as well, use them too. More the merrier :) Besides varieties make it look prettier. You can also use coloured ones… Just go crazy!

    3. Wear


    "I feel so pretty… Picture perfect beautiful" - Click, Flash by  Ciara
    Tell me if that ain't beautiful!
    Bedazzle!

    And that's it! An instant vogue elegant evening wear ready in 5 minutes. 

    I love this soooo much. Now I won't have to hunt for my perfect evening dress among the big pile of clothes dumped in the middle of my room :D

    Let me know what you think… Oh and keep an eye out for more DIYs with brooches coming up soon :)


    Love always,


    JB

    Comments