Coconut cake with a twist



Here is my recipe for moist coconut cake with a twist of rhubarb flavoured white chocolate! I love coconut milk recipes but not dessicated coconut, in anything at all. So, I thought of trying out a cake recipe using coconut milk. But I wanted to experiment a bit too... Well, I had this container of rhubarb flavour white hot chocolate that I occassionally drink when I'm out of my more prefered milk or dark chocolate drinks. I thought, "how about combining it with the coconut cake batter?"

And there you go :D A coconut cake recipe with rhubarb flavoured white chocolate!


Ingredients

  •  50ml olive oil
  • 150ml coconut milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 100g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 100g caster sugar
  • 2 tbsp rhubarb flavoured white chocolate

Directions

  • Preheat the oven to 180˚C/gas mark 4. Grease a cake tin and dust with flour. You can also line the base with baking parchment if you want.
  • In a large bowl, beat the oil, sugar and coconut milk until light and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. If you wish you can add lesser coconut milk if you want... It keeps the cake very moist.You can also substitute the olive oil for butter if you don't like the distinct smell the olive oil gives to food.
  • Now, fold the flour and baking powder together into the oil, sugar and coconut milk mixture, then pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 25 minutes until a knife comes out clean when stabbed in the centre. One tip to keep the cake moist is to add a baking tray with cold water in it at the botton of the oven while baking the cake.
 Now top it with dollop of cream or coconut ice cream and enjoy ;)   

 

Loads of love,

JB’s KitchEn

 

    Comments