Pony haven - New Forest

 A sunday spent well! I can't believe I hadn't been here before... Such a lovely place for picnic with friends and family. New Forest is just outside Southampton, across the Solent water, about 11 miles from my Uni. Full of beautiful natural flora and fauna, it is a safe haven to MANY wild ponies and donkeys. Loved every bit of the sunny sunday picnic outing here :) 

I recommend!


Well, there is not much else to see really. But when in New Forest you are sure to see some beautiful green landscape…



… Some majestic horses, wild and domesticated, galloping through the wind…




… Or grazing on the grass field…



...burnt shrub branches after forest clearing...



… pretty horse enjoying some thorny meal...


… Serene places to sit and have a peace of mind…



… Little ass :p...



…More burnt trees...


… And the cutest little fluffy pony I so wanted to feed some carrots to… Well, it is best not to since they acquire the bad habit of stalking picnickers otherwise…


Oh! The little critters… Really made me nostalgic thinking about the times I used to horse-ride in my school days…

Like I said, if you are adventurous enough, it is a good place to rent bicycles and go for a fun ride through the villages on bright sunny summer days, something that most people do during summer... 

You can always watch the horses cross the street in the middle of the town like they own it… 

You can also go venturing in to the woods and forage some wild goodness. And you can also have a picnic by a pond or in an open field like we did :) In all, very refreshing from the city hustle-bustle...


With love and ponies,
0Jb1




P.S: heard a lot about the New Forest ice cream… Next time, I know where to head to straight ;)

Comments