Haute Couture… My favourite designers

uvxyz

Well, I don't really keep up with who's hot, who's not and what's new in the fashion world. But I am fortunate to have friend who do :) It is that, and also the subtle observations through time that I notice something worth my time, worth following, worth being inspired from. Well, today I would love to talk about those who make it possible… My favourite fashion designers… 


Everyone loves the big leagues like the italian fashion kingpins - Gucci, Dolce and Gabbana, Prada... and french giants like Dior and Franc Fernandez. Well I do too, but here are the three MOST creative, visionary fashion designers I have come to notice, love, respect and be inspired by since the past couple of years… You can see their designs from Red Carpet, Oscars, VMAs to high profile weddings… And they are magnificent… Check them out:

REEM ACRA



Such finesse with lace and frills… This lady is a genius!!! Hailing from Lebanon, she is a renowned american designer  based in New york. And her red dresses... Ooh, make the ladies in red look like ladies on fire!



Favourite to the millions of fashionistas, her fabulous creations are adorned by the likes of Olivia Wilde, Selena Gomez, Nina Dovrov, Kirsten Stewart and Isla Fisher. The dresses are definite head turners no matter where you wear them. Never once have I not gasped at the brilliance of her work. Reem Acra creates divine attires fit for Gods… Okay, that was too much :p but seriously she IS indeed fantastic. The craftsmanship with embellishments, laces, jewels and fabric details are so skilfully fine, it is really worth the price... I get a lot of my inspiration for DIYs from her and now you know why :)

Look at this beauty, doesn't she look like a Goddess in all the three bold embellished gowns? 




Bold never got hotter!!!

ELIE SAAB aka. ES



True art with embellishments and sequins… He can turn rag to the next big thing… Another lebanese designer based in Lebanon, with workshops in Paris and Milan.



I love his works, his dresses are unique (love the ones in picture above). He has not only dressed major celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry and Catherine-Zeta Jones but Royalties too, with the likes of Queen Rania of Jordan, Princesses of Luxembourg, Sweden, Liechtenstein, York, Thailand, Venice, and Greece all gracing his creations. 

I guess you all saw Mila Kunis' Red carpet lilac dress when she announced a winner at the Academy awards along side her "Friends with benefits" co-star Justin Timberlake in 2011… It literally took my breath away the very first time I laid my eyes on it. As a matter of fact it was a dress of my dream I never thought existed… Next stop lebanon for my ultimate dream dress :D

Take a second look at his masterpieces...



Oh I've never loved jade green more… The soft delicate lace compliments the rigid colour giving a perfect blend. I so want one of these now!!! 

Should we DIY ladies?? ;)

VEERA ELLEN WANG



Here's another new york based designer… Love her perfumes, love her rings and love her dresses. She is a master dress maker, she has her own scent and rings, diamond ring at Tiffany's!!! As gorgeous and talented as she is (she was a former figure skater), her dresses are equally artistic and one of a kind. Her specialities are wedding dresses but who can argue with her creativity for others too? She can make fabrics look flowy like fluid. Ah! If only I can get one of her dresses for my wedding...



I'm in love the lilac embellished jewel belted dress (on the right) below.




And her wedding rings… Check them out yourself...


These are my top three designers I would really love to work with. There will be a few simple DIYs for imitation dresses inspired by all three of them. Don't miss out… Keep your eyes out for them if you'd love yourself some designer dresses (imitation I mean ;P)

Now, let's talk about crazy but cool fashion…


MANISH ARORA
















Here is an Indian based world renowned designer. True to Indian culture, his creations are bright, eye-catching, loud and colourful… But also quite quirky!




Woah! Now that's crazy!

And I think you can guess his customers too… Here are Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry in one of Arora's creations… Many think it's out right whacky… I think he's an artist… What do you think?



If it is whacky you like, Manish Arora is at the top of the list… And you know what? I love him for his uniqueness although to try some of his designs out, especially the Minaj one, I would need to grow some b*lls first :p




Another name that springs to mind is…


ALEXANDER MCQUEEN



Some called him "visionary" and I couldn't agree more. He was a british designer and a couturier who'd won not 1, not 2 but 4 "British designer of the year" award from 1996 - 2003. And also CFDA's International fashion designer of the year award in 2003. 

Some of his designs were out of the world… Hot, stylish and sexy yet formal with a touch of grace and elegance… I would love to wear them myself...



And then there were some that were more conforming with Lady Gaga's style statement. Personally I love the bird dress and the butterfly head dress :D



He was truly a genius and an artist. But 2010 was an end to a legend. His death was untimely and an ultimate blow to the fashion industry. So young and full of dreams… He was only 40! Now, he is gone but his legacy will forever prevail under Alexander McQueen label. We'll miss him forever for all the years to come…



Well there you go… Here are the five most prominent designers in my book that I would love to mention and share with you all. There of course MANY more…

Hope you enjoyed checking them and their work out… Until next time,



Loads of Love,

tJBkls

Comments