My designs

Today I would like to talk about some of my 1st designs ever! 
My first designs
I designed these at the end of 2012 and early 2013.  See their individual results courtesy the fabulous tailoring skills of my wonderful supermom who hand-made them for me in her vintage sewing machine :)


Design no. 1:

Pink and gold sequinned and embroidered dress.

I had this really pretty and soft silk-cotton type twin-coloured fabric in pink (with golden tinge) lying around for ages in the cupboard that had some beautiful golden sequin work on its front, and I had no idea what to make out of it. So, one day I sat down to finally design a dress that would justify the beauty of the fabric. 

Well, I ended up with my very 1st simple design and gave it to my super talented mom to sew up.


Gold blush


I also added some golden trimmings around the neck. I like to team it with a golden belt, blazer or long coat and golden heels.


Design no. 2:

Black lace scalloped cocktail dress.

I went on a special shopping rampage just for this one.… Mom and I made it all out of scratch. So, needless to say this one is my most treasured and it makes me look elegant, graceful and slim :D 

I bought a meter of black lace fabric and a meter of black fabric (mix of cotton and synthetic). I also got some peach satin lining material. 

The sewing pattern is very simple, just sew up the sides and put a zipper at the back (it isn't stretchable so best to give zipper).


I especially love the detailing of the frills at the chest.
Black beauty…


Can accessorise it with a thin black belt, black or crystal jewellery, black or nude shoes and top it up with black blazer/jacket for a that romantic evening you've been meaning to have.


Design no. 3:

Peacock blue tulip skirt

Now this one was a challenge. I had been meaning to get one but no matter whichever tailor I went to, they simply refused.  Even my mom wouldn't touch it. But I was adamant, I wanted me a tulip skirt so I will have me a tulip skirt! 

I bought 3 meters of peacock blue silk fabric (although I only used about 1.5 meters). And turns out all I needed to do was add lining, fold the ends up as shown schematically, creasing them to give a U-shape, and add some hooks. 


That's it!






It is quite easy to make, and easier to put on/ take off. I also found this exclusive peacock appliqué that I just couldn't resist to sew on my skirt. Here's how it looks:
Majestic bird by my side…

Maintenance tip: has to be dry cleaned only, and ironed before and after use to remove the crease.

Can also make it out of satin or chiffon materials.

Design no. 4:


Beige sequin top and red skirt

Here is my 4th design (Jan 2013) inspired by Coast's sequined beige + red dress (one on the right)… 

Bless mom for she had a somewhat similar beige embroidered fabric lying around that I used for the top.  I also bought a meter of red satin fabric for the skirt and gave it to a tailor to make the skirt but alas! The skirt was ruined. So I had mom alter it, again. 

I also added sequins and gems on the top to give it extra bling ;)


Red fantasy

Design no. 5:

Pink lace skirt

Ok, although this was not the initial plan, I bought 1 meter of berry pink satin fabric and had ordered a tailor for a lovely A-line skirt. He took my measurements and said to return in 4 days. This is the same tailor who made (ruined rather) my red skirt. Well, not only did he ruin the red one, he also ruined this one too :O I was furious. 

But mom, my lovely mom, offered to repair the two… The red one you can already see turned out amazing good once touched by mom. The pink one, I decided to make it extra chic… I added berry pink lace!!!

Doesn't it look perfect?

Lace and magic...
I teamed it with a waist belt and my black bralet. It also looks absolutely fab with a blazer or jacket.

I heart these babies :D 

Hope you liked them… More designs coming up and this time it will be all hand made by me alone cause mom's too far to help :( 

Till then
Stay fabulous!

 uvxyz 

 

Comments