Mashed like a potato!!!

So, here is my favourite special potato mash recipe that I love making every time I want some mash…



Ingredients:
1.) 3 large potatoes
2.) 2 large carrots
3.) 2 eggs
4.) 3-4 teaspoons of mustard sauce
5.) Black pepper
6.) Salt to taste
7.) Olive oil or butter (optional)


Procedure:
1.) Dice the potatoes and the carrots, and steam (or boil) them till they can be easily mashed (about 20 minutes). Do not boil till the potatoes and carrots are over cooked (too soft) or you will lose all the nutrients. Boil the eggs in another saucer for about 10 minutes (or longer if you want hard boiled).

2.) Mash the potatoes, carrots and the eggs together with a pinch of salt till it is smooth and consistentCan also add a bit of butter or olive oil and mix well to make a creamy mash.

3.) Add the mustard and black pepper to the mash. I used the english mustard sauce for this. Mix them all together well. And that's it! My simplest, healthy yet delicious mash is all ready to eat :)

This is the simplest recipe for my lovely mash. I also generally love to add a hand full of fine chopped coriander, spring onions or normal onion bulb (either raw or fried), sweet pepper and hot pepper. D.E.licious!! But the best one I have ever had will always be the one by the best cook I have ever known - my mommy. Mmmmmm!!! The taste is just inexplicably good

So, give this one a try and let me know what you like to add in yours.

Till next time,

Loads of love from

JB’s Kitchen!

Comments