JB's Ratatouille

"Ah Ratatouille… Le repas français le plus polyvalent et délicieux de tous"




Here is my very own version of the world famous french stew, Ratatouille…

I love colours and I love vegetables… Even more so, I LOVE colourful vegetables… I had a lot of them in my fridge that needed eating so I decided why not make some Ratatouille? It's full of colours and delicious goodness.


Now, Ideally for the ratatouille I would use potatoes, sliced carrots, courgettes and aubergine but since I didn't have the carrots and aubergine I just went on with what I did:

1.) 1 courgette
2.) 1 large sweet pepper sliced
3.) 1/2 of a whole leek sliced
4.) 1 onion sliced
5.) 1 cup of spring beans
6.) 5 whole asparagus
7.) 20g cheddar
8.) 3 table spoon of Extra virgin olive oil
9.) 250g of plain bolognese sauce
10.) 1 teaspoon of soya sauce
11.) 6-7 boiled and quartered new potatoes
12.) Italian herbs

Procedure:

1.) Wash your hands ;) (movie reference!!!). Chop the courgettes, asparagus and beans, and slice the onions, leek and pepper and keep them all aside, separately.




2.) Heat the pan and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot fry the chopped courgettes till they start to golden brown. Remove them and set aside. Do the same with asparagus and beans and set them all aside.




3.) Now add the leek and onion and let it fry till golden brown. Reduce the heat and then add the potatoes and let the skin brown too. Add the teaspoon of soya sauce and keep frying in medium heat. Then add the pepper and fry till tender.




4.) Add bolognese sauce and let simmer for approx. 10 minutes (alternatively you can add boiled tomatoes that has been peeled, deseeded and chopped and cook till the tomatoes mush up and start to boil, add seasoning to your liking). Then add the cheddar and keep stirring while the whole dish simmers. Add all the fried vegetables and mix them well. Add some herbs and cover for 5 minutes.




All done :)

This recipe serves 2 people or more depending on whether it is eaten as main (2 people) or side (3-4 people). You can serve it with turkey steak, chicken or just whatever you fancy.




Try it and tell me if you like it :)

Have fun… Loads of love from



JB’s Kitchen!


Comments