Easy home-made tags

We all love presents, either receiving or giving (well I do)… And a tiny little note written by hand especially for us makes it ever more special. But you don't generally buy a tag now do you? Hell I don't… If the present I bought is already equipped with one I will write on that but if not, will I actually buy one?? Nah… not… I prefer making my own :)


All you need:

A (free) printable as such:

For referece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2U8yfKM9nY


A card paper that you can get from your old greetings cards, business cards, leaflets or any such materials. I had a leaflet from my uni theatre soc. lying around so I used that.


You will need to be well equipped for this battle so your weapons are:
- A pair of scissors
- And a glue stick
- PVA glue (optional)



 Begin:
1.) Print out the message or design that you want to use for your tag:


2.) Cut it out and trace it out on the card paper.


3.) Apply glue on the card paper and stick it with the design.



 4.) There you have your tag ready. To give it a nice "professional" touch you can coat the top part with a PVA+water (1:1 ratio) mixture with a brush gently. And this will give you a lovely glossy effect, making your tag look just like a real shop bought tag :D


5.) Write your message and stick it on your presents :)


And there you go… Custom made tags all made with things found in the house…

 Tip:
Next time you get greeting cards, do not throw them away. You can use them as tags by either cutting out a lovely pattern or shape from there, or using them to stick print-outs on them just like I did :)

Until next time



Have A Blast!!!

Comments