DIY: Old Paper Prints


Lately I've been obsessed with making old paper print arts… I have made 18 of them so far out of which three have been framed and gifted as Christmas presents to my lovely friends.
 


All you need is:
•  Some old book pages, or google and download them like me.
•  A picture in white background.
•  A printer

And voila!


Alternatively, you can get many pictures (with white or one coloured background) and put them together to form your picture. For example, this one was my 2nd creation and in my opinion the best one so far, and is currently framed and decorated in my office cause it's my favourite. I hope you like it too :)

I have also put some printables just because I am nice :P

For this, I used an old page downloaded from google,


I put it in MS word since I can't use photoshop on my Mac and I find it easy to superimpose the pictures as well as change their transparency. You could use any other software that does it like Adobe Photoshop, Picasa, etc.

Then I chose my pictures. 


The watermarks (if any like you see on the roses) don't matter for small pictures as you can hardly see them once they are turned slightly transparent. However, before you paste these pictures on to your old page you need to make sure you remove the white background (this is not required if you have a single picture with white background that you are directly printing out on an actual old paper). There are several ways of doing so, in MacBooks preview edit should do it easily and photoshop for PC should work just fine.

I made the stag my base and placed the roses all over the antlers after removing their backgrounds, changing their sizes, colours as well as transparency. Lastly, I added a bird just for some drama ;)…

And there you go, a pretty professional looking old paper art for free… Looks great and you could frame it however you like :)

Have fun…



Peace OUTV

Comments